Word soon spread of the success of the rusk flour for children by Maria Hipp’s husband, which, of course, she also sold in the shop. Joseph Hipp already supplied a number of fellow bakers at the beginning of the 20th century. This way, incidentally, the cake shop developed into a small factory for J. Hipp’s rusk flour for children, which was eventually sold in its well-known yellow and black packaging for decades to come.
1901: The first product
One of his sons, Georg Hipp (1905 – 1967) was particularly active in promoting the rusk flour. As a 16-year-old he started to market it in Munich by selling it door-to-door. Soon the parents’ premises became too small.
So Georg Hipp took over this area and founded his own company in Pfaffenhofen in 1932.